What type of wood is best for fencing in Huntsville, AL?
Wood fencing is the best option when you need to increase your homes’ privacy. Not only that but also you can upgrade the beauty of your environment to a new level.
There are lots of contractors in Huntsville, AL, who are highly experienced in commercial and residential fencing. You can have different wood fence styles like stockade privacy, split rail, shadow box, and many more. To get the job done, you need to use high-quality wood.
Here are all the popular ones that are durable as well as attractive.
• Redwood: It is resistant to insect and has the capability to last for a long period of time. After the installation, you will definitely be impressed with its outlook.
• Cedar: This fantastic wood contains natural substances that are powerful enough to resist all kinds of insects. It also looks beautiful, and the best thing is that you will get a pleasant smell from it which can refresh your mood instantly.
• Pressure-treated pine: Surprisingly, you won’t have a problem working with it because it comes with a soft texture, which is a unique feature that you won’t in other woods.
• Cypress: If you are not interested in using the pine wood, you can easily use it as an alternative. Insects won’t be able to harm it, and moreover, it smells good.
How long do wood fences last?
Wood fences can last from 7 to 25 years. This depends on the type of wood you are using and the way you are maintaining it.
- Redwood: This insect-resistant wood has the potential to last for 25 years or more than that. It is considered a long-lasting fence by many professionals. Besides, you can increase its lifespan if you take care of this wood frequently.
- Cedar: You can use it for between 15 and 20 years without any issue. There are various factors like weather change, maintenance, and regular usage that determine its durability.
- Pressure-treated pine: This wood can last up to a maximum of 15 years. After this given time, you will notice its change in appearance as well as performance.
- Cypress: Normally, you can easily use it for up to 7 years. This wood basically depends on the weather, and many people claimed that it performs very well in colder regions.
How much do wood fences cost?
Installing your beloved wooden fence is not a small project, and it is the best approach that you take the help of a renowned contractor. They will gather your requirement and then provide you an overall wood fencing cost in advance.
You have to pay around $1600 to $4000 to get the installation done. These are all dependent according on the wood type, fence’s height, and length. You have to spend between $12.77 and $15.5 for the wooden fence for every linear foot.
Other than that, the labor cost will depend on the kind of contractor you are hiring in the first place. So, before you decide anything, check your budget and do some research about the company that is going to take your project.